Wednesday, 13 April 2011

London Calling

I want to move to London.

How many people must utter that sentence a day? Now before you start thinking 'so does everyone', I dont want to live there because its 'cool' its simply where I need to be for my career. I went to university in Southampton, which I loved, I made friends for life down there but its just not the city I want to start my life in. Dont get me wrong its not that bad, but unless your interests include cruise ships and titanic memorials is not really got alot else going for it. Sorry Southampton but we'll always have those three years! Back at home I live in a small county called Rutland located in the East Midlands, my nearest city is Leicester which is about 15 miles away. Now I'm probablly going to start sounding really fussy here but both Leicester and Rutland have a big red cross through them too. The town I live in is one of the smallest in England...most villages are bigger than it! Whilst there are wonderful antique shops, cute little cafes and about three pubs per person, for an aspiring fashion journalist it just doesnt cut it. Of course saying 'I want to move to London' is a lot easier than actually doing so. The one thing standing in my way is money...or the lack of it! Heres to the next couple of years saving my arse off.

No comments:

Post a Comment